- Burns, David J. “What Comes After Postmodernism? Implications for Marketers,” Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, 25, (1), 59-74, 2015.
- Burns, David J., Dato-on, Mary Conway, and Manolis, Chris “Shopping Environment Preferences of Hispanic Consumers in the U.S.: Development of a Scale,” International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 43 (3), 261-275, 2015.
- Burns, David J. “Succeeding at New Businesses: A Matrix to Measure Flexibility,” Journal of Business Strategy, 35 (5), 23-30, 2014.
- Prince, Melvin. Burns, David J. and Manolis, Chris “The Effects of Part-Time MBA Programs on Students: The Relationships between Students and their Employers,” Journal of Education for Business, 89, (6), 300-309, 2014.
- Manolis, Chris, Burns, David J., Assudani, Rashmi, and Chinta, Ravi “Assessing Experiential Learning Styles: A Methodological Reconstruction and Validation of the Kolb Learning Style Inventory,” Learning and Individual Differences, 23 (February), 44-52, 2013.
- Burns, David, J., Gupta, Pola B., and Buerke, Günter “Consumer Ethics: A Cross-National Study.” Presented at Association of Marketing Theory and Practice, 2015, Savannah GA.
- Smith, Yvonne, Burns, David J., and Smith, Virgil “Pursuing Power: An Exploration of Three Views of Power and Their Meaning to Integration Research.” Presented at the Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, 2014, Nashville TN.
- Burns, David J. “Non-Marketing Need Pairing: An Exploration.” Presented at Academy of Business Disciplines Annual Conference, 2014, Fort Myers FL.
- Burns, David J., Smith, Yvonne, and Starcher, Keith “Adjuncts and Institutional and College Mission: Maintaining Distinctives in an Era of Part-Time Faculty.” Presented at Association of Marketing Theory and Practice, 2014, Hilton Head SC.
- Burns, David J., Wahlers, Russell, and Perkins, Debra “The Appropriateness of a Consumer Mentality in Business Higher Education.” Presented at Academy of Business Disciplines Annual Conference, 2013, Fort Myers FL.