Dr. Ranasinghe is conducting research on glass science and technology under several different topics. She mainly work in silica based binary and ternary glasses under the foll
- Investigating bioactive glass for biological applications
- Nucleation and crystallization using differential thermal analysis.
- Rigidity transition in silicate glass systems using modulated differential scanning calorimetery.
- Containerless processing of silica glass using an electrostatic levitator (NASA MSFC)
- "Heterogeneous nucleation on platinum doped Li2O center dot 2SiO(2) glass by differential thermal analysis", K.S. Ranasinghe, C.S. Ray, D.E. Day, Journal of Non-Crystaline Solids, Volume 473, 1 October 2017, Pages 141-146
- “Search for the Rigidity Transition in Lithium Oxide Silicate Glass Systems Using Modulated Differential Scanning Calorimetery (MDSC), Jennifer Black, Kisa Ranasinghe, & Wayne Bresser, Journal of Undergraduate Research 2011.
- “Containerless Processing of Lithium Disilicate Glass”, K.S. Ranasinghe, C.S. Ray, D.E. Day, J.R. Rogers, R.W. Hyers, and T.Rathz. Journal of Material Science. Volume 42, Number 12 (2007) 4291-4297.
- “Verification of an Analytical Method for Measuring Crystal Nucleation Rates in Glasses from DTA Data”, K.S. Ranasinghe, P.E.Wei, K.F. Kelton, C.S. Ray, D.E. Day, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 337 (2004) 261-267
- “Generalized Method of Determining Crystal Nucleation and Growth Rates in Glasses Using Differential Thermal Analysis”, K.S. Ranasinghe, C.S. Ray, and D.E. Day, Journal of Materials Science, 37 (2002) 547
- “Determining Crystal Growth Rate-Type of Curves in Glasses by Differential Thermal Analysis”, C.S. Ray, K.S. Ranasinghe, and D.E. Day. Journal of Solid State Science 3 (2001) 727-732
- “Novel Method of Determining Crystal Nucleation and Growth Rates in Glasses Using Differential Thermal Analysis”, K.S. Ranasinghe, C.S. Ray, and D.E. Day, Proceedings, Nucleation and Atmospheric Aerosols, P418 534 (2000)
Presented a poster for SPS zone 6 conference, Atlanta Ga, 2011.
- Presented a poster for MS&T 2009 International conference with my undergraduate student, Pittsburg PA, October 2009
- Presented a poster at The Seventh Annual Posters-at-the Capitol event on January 31, 2008 at the State Capitol in Frankfort, with Dr. W. Bresser at Northern Kentucky University
- Materials Science & Technology 2007 Conference and Exhibition (MS&T '07) Detroit, Michigan, Sep. 16th, 2007.
- NKU Celebration of Research Spring 2006, 2007, and Fall 2006
- 12th Annual Kentucky EPSCoR conference, Louisville, KY, May 15th, 2006.
- Presented a poster on Faculty Research Celebration at NKU, 2006
- 104th International Conference of Experimental Methods for Microgravity Material Methods, June 10th - 12th, 2002 Orlando, FL
- 104th Annual Meeting and Exposition of The American Ceramic Society, April 28th – May 1st, 2002 St. Louis, MO
- 103rd Annual Meeting and Exposition of The American Ceramic Society, April 22nd – 25th, 2001 Indianapolis, IN
- 15th Nucleation and Atmospheric Aerosols 2000 International Conference August 6-11th, 2000, Rolla, MO
- The Nebraska Academy of Science, 118th Anniversary Year, April 24th, 1998, Lincoln, NE