Ph.D., Professor, IEEE Senior Member
- Ph.D., Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of British Columbia, Canada, 2008.
- Master of Science, Department of Power Machinery Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 1999.
- Bachelor of Science, Department. of Power Machinery Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 1991.
- Visual Sevoing and Advanced Controls
- Autonomous Robots
- Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems
- Computer Vision
- MTRE4300, Machine Learning for Robot Perception
- MTRE4001/4002L, Modeling and Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems
- MTRE4200, Robotics
- MTRE4010, Advanced Control
- EE4201 Control Systems
- MTRE3710, Mechatronics Engineering Fundamentals
- EE2302, Circuit Analysis II
- ENGR2214, Statics
- ENGR2500, Strength of Materials
- International Journal of Robotics and Automation, Associate Editor
- B. Wang, Y. Li, Y. Wang and H. Lang, “Hand gesture recognition and motion estimation using the Kinect sensor,” Journal of Mechatronic Systems and Control, Vol. 48, No. 1, pp. 17-24, 2020.
- T. Guo, H. Wang, Y. Liu, M. Li and Y. Wang, “Vision-based mobile robot leader-follower control using model predictive control,” International Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 544-55, 2019.
- Q. Zheng, S. Li, B. Hou, H. Lang, and Y. Wang, “An autonomous robot tracking system through fusing vision with sonar measurements,” 2016 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (2016 WCCI), Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 2016.
- Wang, Y., Zhang, G., Lang, H., Zuo, B., and de Silva, C.W., “A Modified image-based visual servo-controller with hybrid camera configuration for robust robotic grasping,” Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems (Elsevier), Vol. 62, No. 10, pp. 1398-1407, 2014.
- Wang, Y.,Lang, H., Lin, H. and de Silva, C.W., “Vision-based grasping using mobile robots and nonlinear model predictive control,” International Journal of Control and Intelligent Systems, Issue 1, 2012.
- Wang, Y., Siriwardana, P.G.D. and de Silva, C.W., “Multi-robot cooperative transportation of objects using machine learning,” International Journal of Robotics and Automation, Issue 4, 2011.
- Wang, Y., Lang, H. and de Silva, C.W., “A hybrid visual servoing controller for robust manipulation using mobile robots,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp.757-769, 2010.
- Wang, Y. and de Silva, C.W., “The sequential Q-learning algorithm with Kalman filtering (SQKF) for multi-robot cooperative transportation tasks,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 261-268, 2010.
- Wang, Y. and de Silva, C.W., “A machine learning approach to multi-robot coordination,”
Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence (Elsevier), Vol. 21, No. 3, pp.
470-484, 2008 .
de Silva, C.W. and Wang, Y., “Control output devices—actuators and data loggers for process automation ,” IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 38-45, 2008.