Dave holds a MS degree in Engineering Management from Kennesaw State University and a BS degree in Industrial Engineering from Auburn University.
Dave's background includes over 45 years experience in management, construction, engineering, project management, and IT systems.
Prior to joining the Construction Management Faculty, Dave served as the Building Operations Manager for the College of Architecture and Construction Management for KSU. Dave's work history includes various positions with CORE Education, the Georgia Department of Education, Murray County Schools, Galaxy Carpets, Union Carbide, Armstrong World Industries and Allied Chemical Automotive Division.
Courses Dave has taught include:
- CM 2000 Construction Graphics
- CM 3110 Residential and Light Commercial Construction
- CM 3180 Mechanical and Electrical systems
- CM 3260 Temporary Structures
- CM 3270 Strategic Facilities Management
- CM 3290 Facilities Management Practices
- CM 3410 Quantity Surveying for Bid Preparation
- CM 3420 Estimating for Bid Preparation
- CM 4560 Construction Project Management
- CM 6720 Facilities Management Strategies
Outside of his work experience Dave has served on boards of Murray County Schools, Legacy Park HOA, Kennesaw Science and Math Academy Charter School, The City of Kennesaw's Citizen Advisory Board and served 13 years as a Boy Scout leader.
Dave's hobbies include woodworking, robotics, photography, tinkering, and any building anything he can find the time to do.