Yousef A. Mahmoud (Senior Member, IEEE) is currently an Associate Professor at Kennesaw State University, GA, USA. He earned his Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Waterloo, Canada, in 2016. His research interests encompass solar photovoltaic systems, with a focus on modeling, efficiency optimization, power electronics, control, protection, and fault diagnosis.
Dr. Mahmoud serves as an Associate Editor for both the IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion Journal and the IEEE Power Engineering Letters since 2021. He has earned recognition as a Star Reviewer of the IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion and received the Best Paper Award at the IEEE International Renewable Energy Congress in 2017. Furthermore, Dr. Mahmoud is the holder of a sole-inventor US patent and has been included in the list of the World's Top 2% Scientists released by Stanford University since 2020 [Link]. He is a full member of both IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu (IEEE-HKN) and Sigma Xi.
In addition to his academic achievements, Dr. Mahmoud has actively contributed to several IEEE conferences, including his roles as an international committee member, associate editor, and technical committee member for the IEEE International Renewable Energy Congress.
- Member, IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu (IEEE-HKN), For excellence in the profession and in education with ideals of Scholarship, Character and Attitude., 2022.
- Full Member, Sigma Xi, For excellence in research achievements and potential, 2021.
- Senior Member, IEEE, 2017.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Renewable Energy Congress, 2017.
- Star Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2016.
- Teaching Assistantship Award, ECE, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2016.