- Dr. Rutherford serves as:
- the Editor of Marketing Management Journal,
- one of the three Associate Editors of The Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, and
- a member of the Editorial Review Boards for Industrial Marketing Management and The Journal of Business Research.
- Dr. Rutherford has received numerous awards including:
- six best paper awards at various marketing conferences, including the American Marketing
- the “Article of the Year” award twice from Marketing Management Journal,
- Distinguished Graduate Teaching Award (2017) at Kennesaw State University, and
- Outstanding Reviewer Award (2018) from The Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing.
- Dr. Rutherford has served on over 30 dissertation committees including:
- chairing/co-chairing eight dissertations at Kennesaw State University and
- chairing/co-chairing six dissertations at Purdue University.
- Dr. Rutherford’s students have placed all across the United States, including several
currently working at major doctoral-granting universities in tenured or tenure-track