My research interests lie in combinatorics, graph theory, and network science.
Published or Submitted Articles
- Vandenbussche, J., Ritter, L., Callahan, K., and Westlund, E. E., 2020. Using Strand Committees to Build Faculty Support for Departmental Change, Problems, Resources, and Issues in Mathematics Undergraduate Studies (PRIMUS) (DOI).
- Larsen, V., Vandenbussche, J., and Westlund, E. E., 2020. Hall Spectra and Extending Precolorings with Extra Colors, Australasian Journal of Combinatorics 76(3), 346-365
- Holliday, S., Vandenbussche, J., and Westlund, E. E., 2016. Every Graph G is Hall Δ(G)-Extendible, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 22(4), #P4.19.
- Golubski, A. J., Westlund, E. E., Vandermeer, J., Pascual, M., 2016. Ecological Networks Over the Edge: Hypergraph Trait-Mediated Indirect Interaction (TMII) Structure, Trends in Ecology and Evolution, 31(5), 344-354.
- Holliday, S., Vandenbussche, J., and Westlund, E. E., 2015. Completing partial proper colorings using Hall's condition, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 22(3) #P3.6
- Castle, M. F., Moore, E. D., and Westlund, E. E., 2015. Directed tree decompositions of Cayley digraphs on word-degenerate connection sets, Australasian Journal of Combinatorics 61(1) 82-97
- Westlund, E. E., 2014. Hamilton decompositions of 6-regular Cayley graphs on even Abelian groups with involution-free
connection sets, Discrete Mathematics 331 117-132
- Westlund, E. E., 2012. Hamilton decompositions of certain 6-regular Cayley graphs on Abelian groups with a cyclic subgroup of index two, Discrete Mathematics 312 3228-3235
- Kreher, D. L., and Westlund, E. E., 2010. n-isofactorizations of 8-regular circulant graphs, Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing 72 197-209
- Kreher, D. L., Liu, J., and Westlund, E. E., 2009. 6-regular Cayley graphs on Abelian groups of odd order are hamiltonian decomposable, Discrete Mathematics 309 5106-5110 (DOI)
- Implementing Mastery Grading in Undergraduate Mathematics, Research on Teaching and Learning Summit, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw (2018)
- The Hall spectrum of a graph can have non-consecutive zeros, 48th Southeastern International Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Computing, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton (2017)
- Connecting the Dots: Graph Theory in Complex Network Analysis, CSM Seminar, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw (2017)
- Hypergraphs in Ecological Network Analysis, AMS/MAA Joint Mathematics Meetings, Seattle, WA (2016)
- Precoloring Extensions using Hall's Condition (invited talk), The 14th Atlanta Lecture Series in Combinatorics and Graph Theory, Georgia State University, Atlanta (2015)
- All Graphs are Hall Delta(G)-Completable, AMS/MAA Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Antonio, TX (2015)
- Decomposing Cayley digraphs into isomorphic directed trees, 3rd Annual Mississippi Discrete Mathematics Workshop, Mississippi State University, Starkville (2014)
- Directed tree decompositions of Cayley digraphs
The 27th Cumberland Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Computing, West Virginia University, Morgantow, WV (2014)
- Bipartite planar graphs are Hall Delta(G)-completable
The 45th Southeastern International Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Computing, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL (2014)
- The Elusive Hamilton Problem for Cayley Graphs — An Overview (invited talk)
The 28th Clemson mini-Conference on Discrete Mathematics and Algorithms, Clemson University, Clemson SC (2013)
- The Ubiquity of Graphs: How Set Systems Are Enriching Our World (invited talk)
Mathematics Seminar, Berry College, Mount Berry GA (2013)