- Huggins Z. Msimanga*, Truong T. Ho Lam, Nathaniel Latinwo, Mihyang Kristy Song, Newsha Tavakoli, "Reduction of interferences in the analysis of Children's Dimetapp using ultra-violet spectroscopy data and target factor analysis", Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 192 (2018) 159-167.
- Huggins Z. Msimanga*, Jennifer Fenstermacher, Andy Levitz, Ibrahim Najimudeen, Courtney Phillips and Emily M. Wysocki, " Identification of compounds in hexane extracts ofElephantorrhiza elephantina and their comparison with selected over the counter products", Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, 7(5), pp. 198-208, (2013).
- Huggins Z. Msimanga and Gregory P. Everhart, "Identification of a Suspicious Drug by Using Spectroscopic Techniques: A Forensic Analytical Chemistry Project", Spectroscopy Letters, 45, 161-166, (2012).
- Huggins Z. Msimanga and Robert Ollis, " Discerning Some Tylenol Brands Using Attenuated Total Reflection Fourier Transform Infrared Data and Multivariate Analysis Techniques", Applied Spectroscopy, 64(6), 657-668 (2010).
- Huggins Z. Msimanga and Jilliann Wiese, "Determination of Acetaminophen in Analgesics by the standard Addition Method: A Quantitative Analytical Chemistry Lab.", Chem. Educator , 10, 1-7 (2005),
- Huggins Z. Msimanga,Phet Elkins, Segmia K. Tata, and Dustin R. Smith, “A Chemometrics Module for an Undergraduate Instrumental Analysis Chemistry Course”, J. Chem. Ed., 82, 415-424 (2005).
- Melissa J. Charles, Nea W. Martin, and Huggins Z. Msimanga, "Simultaneous Determination of Aspirin, Salicylamide, and Caffeine in Pain Relievers by Target Factor Analysis", J. Chem. Ed., 74, 1114-1117 (1997).
- H. Z. Msimanga and P. E. Sturrock, "Handling Low Frequency Drifting Background Noise in Data from a Swept-potential Electrochemical Detector", Electroanalysis, 7, 967-974 (1995).
- Dirnberger, J.M., R.J. Rascati, and H. Msimanga, A Clean Lakes Phase I Diagnostic/ Feasibility Study of Lake Allatoona: A Preliminary Report. Proceedings of the 1993 Georgia Water Resources Conference, pp. 8992,(1993).
- H. Z. Msimanga and P. E. Sturrock, "The Number of Components in Noisy Data from a Swept-potential Electrochemical Detector", Electroanalysis, 4, 507-513 (1992).
- H. Z. Msimanga and P. E. Sturrock, "Application of Factor Analysis on High-performance Liquid Chromatography Data Using a Swept-potential Electrochemical Detection System", Anal. Chem., 62, 2134-2140 (1990).
- M. B. Thomas, H. Z. Msimanga, and P. E. Sturrock, "Application of a swept-potential Electrochemical Detector to the HPLC Analysis of Nitrosamines", Anal. Chim. Acta, 174, 287 (1985).
- Msimanga, Huggins Z.; Drape, Kristy. Profiling over the counter remedies commonly used to treat arthritis-related disorders. From Abstracts, 68th Southeastern Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Columbia, SC, United States, October 23-26 (2016), SERMACS-483.
- Christopher R. Dockery, Marina C. Koether*, Kimberly J. Linenberger, Huggins Z. Msimanga, Wei Zhou, Producing market ready students: Quantitative Analytical Chemistry overhaul. Abstracts, 250th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Boston, MA, United States, August 16-20, (2015), ANYL-2, Publisher (ACS, Washington, DC).
- Msimanga*, Huggins Z.; Dockery, Christopher R., Multivariate analysis techniques in teaching forensic analytical chemistry at the undergraduate level, Abstracts, 65th Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Atlanta, GA, United States, November 13-16 (2013). SERM 926, Publisher (ACS, Washington, DC)
- Dockery*, Christopher R.; Msimanga, Huggins; Haney, Anthony R.; Kim, Sun J., Classification of Rocks by Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy: A Classroom Simulation of the Curiosity Rover ChemCam, Abstracts, 64th Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Raleigh, NC, United States, November 14-17 (2012). SERM –577, Pub: ACS, Washington D.C.)
- Msimanga*, Huggins Z.; Lam, Truong T. Ho, Actives in children's Dime Tap by target factor analysis and generalized standard addition techniques, Abstracts, 64th Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Raleigh, NC, United States, November 14-17 (2012). SERM –577, Pub: ACS, Washington D.C.)
- Koether*, Marina; Msimanga, Huggins; Dockery, Christopher, Kennesaw State University offers three upper-level analytical chemistry courses. Abstracts of Papers, 239th ACS National Meeting, San Francisco, CA, United States, March 21-25, 2010 (2010).
- Msimanga, Huggins Z.; Robinson,* Amelia H, “Characterization of over-the counter herbal food supplements by GC/MS”, In: Abstracts of Papers, 231st ACS National Meeting, Atlanta, GA, United States, March 26-30 (2006).
- Msimanga*, Huggins Z, Handfield, Qyuni T., “Discerning analgesic brands by principal component analysis of their FTIR spectra”, In: Abstracts, 58th Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Augusta, GA, United States, November 1-4 (2006).
- Msimanga, Huggins Z.; McConnell*, Natalia, “Characterization of imazaquin by cyclic voltammetry”, In: Abstracts of Papers, 225th ACS National Meeting, New Orleans, LA, United States, March 23-27 (2003).
- Msimanga*, Huggins; Wiesse, Jilliann, “Analgesics in Tylenol and migraine tablets by the standard addition method: a quantitative analytical chemistry lab”, In: Abstracts, 55th Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Atlanta, GA, United States, November 16-19 (2003).
- H. Z. Msimanga*, Tuan Ly, and P. E. Sturrock, “Factor Analysis and HPLC/Swept-Potential Electrochemical Detection Data at Lower Analyte Concentration”, In: The Pittsburg Conference, Chicago, Illinois, March 4-8 (1991).