- McDaniel, Paul N., Darlene Xiomara Rodriguez, and Qingfang Wang. 2019. "Immigrant Integration and Receptivity Policy Formation in Welcoming Cities." Journal of Urban Affairs.
- Smith-Sitton, Lara, Darlene Xiomara Rodriguez, and Paul N. McDaniel. (2019, In Press). “When Local Community Writing Initiatives Crashed into White House Public Policy: ‘Green Card Youth Voices: Stories of an Atlanta High School’.” Spark: A 4C4Equality Journal.
- Rodriguez, Darlene Xiomara, Paul N. McDaniel, and Gianni Bisio. 2019. "'FU': One Response to the Liminal State Immigrant Youth Must Navigate." Law & Policy, 41, 1: 59-79.
- McDaniel, Paul N. 2018. "Book Review: Shifting Boundaries: Immigrant Youth Negotiating National, State, and Small-Town Politics (by Alexis M. Silver)." International Migration Review.
- McDaniel, Paul N. 2018. "Shared Humanity, City Branding, and Municipal Immigrant Integration Initiatives in the Southeastern United States." Southeastern Geographer, 58, 3: 250-281.
- McDaniel, Paul N., Darlene Xiomara Rodriguez, and Anna Joo Kim. 2018. "Creating a Welcoming Metro Atlanta: A Regional Approach to Immigrant Integration." Atlanta Studies. April 26, 2018.
- Rodriguez, Darlene Xiomara, Paul N. McDaniel, and Marie-Dominique Ahebee. 2018. "Welcoming America: A Case Study of Municipal Immigrant Integration, Receptivity, and Community Practice." Journal of Community Practice, 26, 3: 348-357.
- McDaniel, Paul N., Darlene Xiomara Rodriguez, and Anna Joo Kim. 2017. "Receptivity and the Welcoming Cities Movement: Advancing a Regional Immigrant Integration Policy Framework in Metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia." Papers in Applied Geography, 3-4: 355-379.
- McDaniel, Paul N. and Heather A. Smith. 2017. "Receptivity's Construction in Public Schools: A Component of Immigrant Integration in an Emerging Gateway." Journal of International Migration and Integration, 18, 4: 1061-1081.
- McDaniel, Paul N., Susan B. Harden, Heather A. Smith, and Owen J. Furuseth. 2017. “Increasing Immigrant Settlement and the Challenges and Opportunities for Public Education in Charlotte, North Carolina.” In US Latinization: Education and the New Latino South. Edited by Spencer Salas and Pedro R. Portes. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- McDaniel, Paul. 2016. Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Welcoming Cities: Lessons from Chicago, Dayton, and Nashville. Washington, DC: American Immigration Council.
- Harden, Susan B., Paul N. McDaniel, Heather A. Smith, Emily Zimmern, and Katie E. Brown. 2015. “Speaking of Change in Charlotte, North Carolina: How Museums Can Shape Immigrant Receptivity in a Community Navigating Rapid Cultural Change.” Museums and Social Issues 10, 2: 117-133.
- Plaisance, Michelle, Elizabeth Morrell, and Paul N. McDaniel. 2015. “Technicolor Education in the New South: Moving Beyond Black and White.” In Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow: School Desegregation and Resegregation in Charlotte. Edited by Roslyn Arlin Mickelson, Stephen Samuel Smith, and Amy Hawn Nelson. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Education Press.
- Furuseth, Owen, Heather Smith, and Paul N. McDaniel. 2015. “Belonging in Charlotte: Multi-Scalar Differences in Local Immigration Politics and Policies.” Geographical Review 105, 1 (January): 1-19.
- Kerr, Juliana, Paul McDaniel, and Melissa Guinan. 2014. Reimagining the Midwest: Immigration Initiatives and the Capacity of Local Leadership. Chicago, IL: The Chicago Council on Global Affairs.
- McDaniel, Paul. 2014. "Immigrant Entrepreneurs and Their Contributions to the United States." In Immigration Options for Investors and Entrepreneurs. 3rd ed. Edited by Lincoln Stone. Washington, DC: American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- McDaniel, Paul. 2014. Revitalization in the Heartland of America: Attracting Immigrant Entrepreneurs for Economic Development. Washington, DC: American Immigration Council.
- McDaniel, Paul, and Guillermo Cantor. 2014. "Latinos and the Economics of Immigration." American Latino Agenda Report. Washington, DC: New America Alliance Institute.
- McDaniel, Paul N. 2013. Receptivity in a New Immigrant Gateway: Immigrant Settlement Geography, Public Education, and Immigrant Integration in Charlotte, North Carolina. Charlotte, NC: The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. 330 pp.
- Harden, Susan B. and Paul N. McDaniel. 2012. New Courage: The Issues Today, The Guts to Face Them – Research Evaluation Report. Charlotte, NC: Levine Museum of the New South.
- McDaniel, Paul N., Susan B. Harden, and Heather A. Smith. 2011. Courage in the City: Education Equity in the Multicultural South – Research Evaluation Report. Charlotte, NC: Levine Museum of the New South.
- Harden, Susan B., Heather A. Smith, and Paul N. McDaniel. 2010. Speaking of Change: Research Evaluation Report. Charlotte, NC: Levine Museum of the New South.
- McDaniel, Paul N. and Anita I. Drever. 2009. “Ethnic Enclave or International Corridor?: Immigrant Businesses in a New South City.” Southeastern Geographer 49, 1 (February): 3-23.
- McDaniel, Paul N. 2006. An International Corridor in the Making? Immigrant-Owned Entrepreneurial Establishments in Birmingham, Alabama. Knoxville, TN: The University of Tennessee. 159 pp.