- Scheinfeld, E., Barney, K., Gangi, K., Nelson, E., & Sinardi, C. (2021). Filling the void: Grieving and healing during a socially isolating global pandemic. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. https://doi.org/10.1177/02654075211034914
- Scheinfeld, E. (2021). Shame and STIs: An exploration of emerging adult students’ felt shame and stigma towards getting tested for and disclosing sexually transmitted infections. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(13), 7179. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18137179
- Scheinfeld, E., Gangi, K., Nelson, E., & Sinardi, C. (2021). Please scream inside your heart: Communicating and coping with compounded grief during a pandemic. Health Communication. https://doi.org/10.1080/10410236.2021.1886413
- Scheinfeld, E., & Lake, P. (2019). Why is it just so hard? Making sense of end-of-life communication between adult children and their terminally ill parental figures. Journal of Death and Dying, 83(3), 611-629. https://doi.org/10.1177/0030222819859163
- Scheinfeld, E., Crook, B., & Perry, C. (2019). Understanding young adults’ e-cigarette use through the theory of planned behavior. Health Behavior and Policy Review, 6(2), 115-127. https://doi.org/10.14485/HBPR.6.2.1
- Scheinfeld, E., Nelson, E., & Crook, B. (2019). From the drawing board to the kitchen table: An analysis of parental messages concerning nutrition, physical activity, and weight. In J. A. Theiss & K. Greene (Eds.), Contemporary Studies of Relationships, Health, and Wellness. Cambridge University Press.
- Scheinfeld, E., & Worley, T. (2018). Understanding the parent-child relationship during the transition into college and young adulthood. Communication Quarterly, 66(4), 444-462. https://doi.org/10.1080/01463373.2018.1443954
- Kidd, M. A., & Scheinfeld, E. (2017). Form and Substance: A Speech Communication Workbook. Fountainhead Press.
- Scheinfeld, E & Shim, M. (2017). Healthy eating behaviors of college students in early adulthood: Understanding through perceived childhood parental influences and the Integrative Model of Behavior. American Journal of Health Behavior, 41(3), 228-239. https://doi.org/10.5993/AJHB.41.3.2
- Donovan, E., Nelson, E., & Scheinfeld, E. (2016). Cyberframing Cancer: An Exploratory Investigation of Valenced Cybercoping on Cancer Blogs. Health Communication, 32(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1080/10410236.2015.1089467
- Ford, J., & Scheinfeld, E. (2016). Exploring the effects of workplace health promotions: A critical examination of a familiar organizational practice.In E. L. Cohen (Ed.), Communication Yearbook 40 (277-306). Routledge. https://doi.org/10.1080/23808985.2015.11735263
- Lazard, A., Scheinfeld, E., Bernhardt, J., Wilcox, G., & Suran, M. (2015). Themes of public concern: A text mining analysis of the CDC's Ebola live Twitter chat. American Journal of Infection Control, 43(10), 1109-1111. https://doi.org/10/1016/j.ajic.2015.05.025
Invited Lectures & Media Appearances
- “STIs, emerging adults, and human sexuality.” Guest presentation in Human Sexuality at Kennesaw State University, 2021.
- “Please scream inside your heart: Compounded loss and coping during the COVID-19 pandemic.” Invited discussion with CMS 386P: Stress & Coping Graduate Seminar, The University of Texas at Austin, 2021.
- “It takes a village: Family members have to work with health care providers in order to properly communicate about & achieve the ultimate goal of optimal health for their families.” Northeast Georgia Dietetic Association, 2021.
- “Grief and Mourning.” Masterclass for Smashing Life with Smashing the Glass, 2021.
- “New Texas sex ed curriculum raises concerns: Starting in 2022, Texas seventh and eighth graders will learn about forms of birth control beyond abstinence.” KYTX – CBS19, 2020.
- “FOMO is definitely real, even if you wouldn’t go anyway: Examining the use of social media during times of upheaval, isolation, and stress.” Presentation at Kennesaw State University Undergraduate Research Club, 2020.
- “The ins and outs of presenting: Presentations for engineers.” Lecture at UT Tyler for Concrete Canoe engineering participants, 2019.
- “Examining memorable messages about e-cigarette initiation, use and perceptions.” Lecture at UT Health School of Public Health for the Texas Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science on Youth and Young Adults, 2017.
- “Real Research and Action Plans.” Guest Lecture in Environmental and Health Communication for Laura Min Mercer Kollar, Ph.D. Agnes Scott University, 2015.
- “The Academic Body: The Embodied Identity and Maintaining Overall Well-Being in Graduate School.” Colloquium lecture, The University of Texas at Austin Department of Communication Studies, 2015.
- “Social Networking and Relationships.” Guest lecture in Interpersonal Communication (CMS 315M) for John Daly, Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin, 2012.