My current research and publication interests are in the areas of online pedagogy, digital scholarship, and African American studies. A cohesive digital representation of my technological scholarship efforts is located via my MLA Humanities Common Core Site. My research interests and writing projects blend with my interests in creative composition and my interests in academic leadership.
Below is a general overview of how I see my present and future research and academic activities fitting into the Boyer Model:
Scholarship of Discovery
- Researching and writing about online pedagogy, digital scholarship, and African American Studies
- Researching and writing about connections between mentoring and academic success
- Researching and writing about issues of race within and beyond academic environments
Scholarship of Teaching
- Combining composition pedagogy with online technology to teach writing
- Using computer technology in conjunction with media and visual literacy in the classroom
- Incorporating learned theoretical knowledge from conferences and research into classroom practice
Scholarship of Application
- On-going writing for publication as a teacher of writing
- Providing writing pedagogy workshops (service) for teachers of writings on a national level
- Providing technology and pedagogy workshops (service) and presentations for teachers of writing.