Dr. Kim is a prolific researcher pursuing the theory-based empirical studies in the supply chain and operations management area. Her research has focused on how a firm’s strategic choices in supply chain and operations management contribute to its value creation and capturing. She has developed several research projects using diverse empirical research methods such as case studies, survey studies, secondary data studies, econometric studies and social network studies. Her studies were published in such premier journals as Journal of Operations Management, Decision Sciences, Journal of Supply Chain Management, International Journal of Operations and Production Management and Health Care Management Review. The selected publications include the following:
- Kim, Y. H. and M. Swink, “Contingency Role of a Supplier’s Operational Efficiency in the Customer Relationship—Performance Links,” forthcoming at International Journal of Operations and Production Management, doi: 10.1108/IJOPM-06-2020-0382 (“A” in dept ranking; JIF 4.62 & SJR 2.19).
- Maloni, M., C. Mutlu, T. Swaim and Y. H. Kim (2020), “Differences in Student Offshoring Attitudes: Challenges in Teaching Offshoring,” Journal of Teaching in International Business, 32:2, p. 106-129 (“B” in dept ranking; SJR .33).
- Walker, D. M., L. Sharma, J. S. McAlearney and Y.H. Kim, “Examining the Financial and Quality Performance Effects of Group Purchasing Organizations”, forthcoming at Health Care Management Review, doi: 10.1097/HMR.0000000000000267 (“A” in dept ranking; JIF 2.64 & SJR 1.39).
- Kim, Y. H. and T. Schoenherr (2018), “The Effects of Supply Chain Integration on the Cost Efficiency of Contract Manufacturing,” Journal of Supply Chain Management, 54:3, p.42-64 (“A+” in dept ranking; JIF 7.13 & SJR 6.44).
- Kim, Y. H. (2017), “The Effects of Major Customer Network on a Supplier’s Profitability,” Journal of Supply Chain Management, 53:1, p.26-40 (“A+” in dept ranking; JIF 7.13 & SJR 6.44).
- Kim, Y. H. and D. Henderson (2015), “Financial Benefits and Risks of Supplier’s and Customer’s Dependence in Triadic Supply Chain Relationships,” Journal of Operations Management, 36, p.115-129 (“A+” in dept ranking; JIF 7.78 & SJR 6.48).
- Kim, Y. H. and U. Wemmerlöv (2015), “Does a Supplier’s Operational Competence Translate into Financial Performance? An Empirical Analysis of Supplier-Customer Relationships,” Decision Sciences, 46:1, p.101-134 (“A” in dept ranking; JIF 1.96 & SJR 1.33).
- Kim, Y. H., F. J. Sting and C. Loch (2014), “Top-Down, Bottom-Up, or Both? Toward an Integrative Perspective on Operations Strategy Formation,” Journal of Operations Management, 32:7/8, p.462-474 (“A+” in dept ranking; JIF 7.78 & SJR 6.48).