KSU Distinguished Professor Award Recipient (for excellence in teaching, research and professional service). Picture with KSU president, Dr. Whitten.
- Working at Mechanical Engineering Department as a Full Professor
Professional affiliation with American Society for Engineering Education
Recognized as Professional Engineer by Institute of Engineers Australia (IEAUST)
- Author of the book "Solving Mechanical Engineering Problems with MATLAB". Order your copy here.
- About 25 years of Academic/Industrial experience:
Prior was a Senior Research Associate at Sydney University, Australia
- Research experience: Rheology and viscoelasticity, Polymer processing, Biomechanical engineering (artificial organs and soft tissue rheology), Computational Mechanics and CFD (Parallel Computing via PVM, Finite Element Method, Boundary Element Method, Completed Double Layer Boundary Element Method), Robotics, and Micromachinery (MEMS). See my publications here. See my ResearchGate Profile here.
Worked as manufacturing engineer/die designer and deputy managing director of die manufacturing division at Universal company and also as design engineer at Mahab/ Acres Company.
Began at Southern Polytechnic in Fall 2006.
- Advisor of the Persian Student Organization at KSU.
See current and former activities here.
- Winners of the KSU faculty Awards
- Designing the composite finger and foot supports:
- Nomination for the People of Manufacturing Awards (Front Line Leadership), 2018
- Nomination of the student of the year, 2016 (Engineering Trifecta)
- Nomination of the student of the year, 2014
- Nomination of the Student of the year, 2012
- Designing a transformer statue for Novelis
- SME's Faculty Advisor Professional Development Award
- SME's Education Foundation Award
- A Halo Armor
- Solar Panel Project (EPA Grant)
- SPSU student knows his vibrations (page 2)