KSU Distinguished Professor Award Recipient; the highest award available to faculty for excellence in teaching, research and professional service. Picture with KSU president, Dr. Whitten.
- Working at Mechanical Engineering Department as a Full Professor
Professional affiliation with American Society for Engineering Education
Recognized as Professional Engineer by Institute of Engineers Australia (IEAUST)
- Author of the book "Solving Mechanical Engineering Problems with MATLAB". Order your copy here.
- About 25 years of Academic/Industrial experience:
Prior was a Senior Research Associate at Sydney University, Australia
- Research experience: Mechanical Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Rheology and Viscoelasticity, Polymer
Processing, Biomechanical Engineering (Biomedical devices and supports, artificial
organs and soft tissue rheology), Computational Mechanics and CFD (Parallel Computing
via PVM, Finite Element Method, Boundary Element Method, Completed Double Layer Boundary
Element Method), Robotics, Micromachinery (MEMS) and Engineering Education. See my
publications here. See my ResearchGate Profile and my Google Scholar Profile.
Worked as manufacturing engineer/die designer and deputy managing director of die manufacturing division at Universal company and also as design engineer at Mahab/ Acres Company.
Began at Southern Polytechnic in the Mechanical Engineering Technology Department in Fall 2006.
- Advisor of the Persian Organization at KSU.
See current and former activities here.
- KSU Distinguished Professor Award, 2019:
- Italian Technology Award, 2019:
- Winner of the "The top 100 entries" in Create the Future Design Contest, Worldwide, 2019.
- KSU Oral History Series; SOAR Interview with Dr. Tom Scott (click on the pdf link on the left)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineer's Distinguished Faculty Advisor Award, 2019:
- Mentoring and Supervising Students (such as Eric Nzuki)
- Designing the composite finger and foot supports:
- Nomination for the People of Manufacturing Awards (Front Line Leadership), 2018
- Nomination of the student of the year, 2016 (Engineering Trifecta), 2014 and also 2012
- Designing a transformer statue for Novelis (with Christopher Cutter, Timothy Del Rocco,
and James Smith)
- SME's Faculty Advisor Professional Development Award, 2012
- SME's Education Foundation Award
- A Halo Armor Design
- Solar Panel Project (EPA Grant)
- SPSU student knows his vibrations (page 2)