Ayse Tekes, PhD
Welcome!I am an Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering here at Kennesaw State University. I received all my degrees in mechanical engineering from Istanbul Technical University. My research mainly focuses on
(1) Robotics: design, analysis and control of compliant mechanisms and soft robots
(2) Engineering Education: small scale lab equipment design for dynamics, vibrations and control labs and development of MATLAB Simscape Apps for undergraduate engineering courses
My intention is that students having engaged in research will be better prepared to their future career both in industry and acedemia.
- NSF Award, PI, $297,262, 2020-2023.
- Mathworks Curriculum Development, PI, $24,390, 2021-2022.
- 2017-2018 SPCEE Faculty Career Advisor Award.
- 2016 Outstanding Part Time Teaching Award.