ME 4501 Vibrations and Control Lab
This is a laboratory course designed to complement the vibrations and controls topics also covered in lecture courses. Experimental study of one, two, and more degrees of freedom vibration, including effects of damping, free and forced vibrations, translational and torsional vibrations. Implementation of proportional, integral, and/or derivative control of dynamic systems.
Upon the completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
2. Assess the validity of the experimental results and compare with theory.
3. An ability to communicate eectively by writing and submitting laboratory reports.
4. Calibrate sensors and understand the signal path and relationship to the physical variable.
- Turn-key systems: ECP Model 205 (Rotational), ECP Model 210 (Rectilinear) and Quanser Servo
1. Lab 1: Introduction to MATLAB
2. Lab 2: SDOF System Vibration using ECP Model 210