Dr. Da Hu joined the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Kennesaw State University as an Assistant Professor in Spring 2023. Before he joins KSU, he worked as a postdoctoral research associate in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
His research focuses on developing smart and sustainable insfrastrucure system through data acquisition, AI, data analytics, and proactive decision support. His research interests lie in Robotics and Sensing, Infrastructure Inspection and Management, Building Information Modeling, Human-Robot Collaboration, Virtual Reality (VR)/Augmented Reality (AR). He received the Best Paper Award from Journal of Building and Environment. He has 20+ publications in premier academic journals, which include Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Automation In Construction, Building and Environment, Advanced Engineering Informatics, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, 2022
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 2018
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2017
- B.S. in Safety Engineering, Zhengzhou University, 2014
- B.B.A in Business of Administration, Zhengzhou University, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Summer Research Fellowship, Kennesaw State University, 05/2023 - 06/2023
- Co-PI, SPCEET Faculty Scholarship (PI, Dr. Adam Kaplan), Kennesaw State University, 04/2023 - 10/2023
- Best Paper Award, Building and Environment, Elsevier, 2020