Here you can find some questions and answers and also the files that you may need for advising.
"I am trying to register for a class and it is saying that I need a pre-req and I'm
taking that class now. How do I deal with this?"
"I take prerequisite errors when I want to register for a class. What can I do?"
"I want to be placed on a waitlist."
See more information HERE.
How do I fill the form for Engineering Standing (please check this page)
Get the form here. Fill it based on the instructions written below. Get it signed by your advisor. Make
sure he/she submits it to the chair or the assistant chair.
- Complete the following information on the form: Today's Date, Student Information (Student Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code), Student Academic Information (KSU Student ID Number, etc).
- Enter grades for all classes that have been completed.
- Grades for courses completed at KSU should be entered in Column D and grades for courses completed elsewhere should be entered in Column I.
- Credit hours should be written just for the courses that you have taken. Otherwise leave the cells empty.
- If you have K grades, just write them down with no credit hours in front of them.
- If CSE 1301E has been completed, enter a 4 in cell E41. If ME 1311 has been completed, enter a 3 in cell E41.
- If you are currently enrolled in course(s) required for engineering standing, list coure(s) under “A. Courses To Be Completed Prior to 1st Semester in Engr Standing.” (cell F16)
- If other courses need to be taken: List course(s) under “B. Deficiency Courses To Be Completed in 1st Semester of Engr Standing.” (cell F22).
- Save form and email to faculty advisor.
Faculty Advisor should do the following. So make sure they are done correctly based on the courses you take each semester.
- Enter your information in the “Faculty Advisor Contact Information” box.
- Indicate the appropriate term in the “Engineering Standing Effective Term” box.
- In Degree Works, verify grades entered by student.
- If a student is currently enrolled in course(s) required for engineering standing, list coure(s) under “A. Courses To Be Completed Prior to 1st Semester in Engr Standing.” (cell F16)
- If other courses need to be taken:
- Advise student he/she must take course(s) next semester
- List course(s) under “B. Deficiency Courses To Be Completed in 1st Semester of Engr Standing.” (cell F22)
- Next to each class that has not been taken, replace the number of credit hours in column E with a 0.
- Verify that the students GPA is above 2.7. (Cell I51). If not, advise student accordingly. Otherwise if the student meets requirement or you have no concerns that the student will achieve standing once all courses are completed, sign the form. If you have any concerns, note in the comment box, and sign form.
- Give student a copy of the form.
- Submit the original to Cindy or place in the Assistant Chair mailbox.
"Can I take Calculus I without taking MATH 1112 or MATH 1113?"
NO! Unless you are placed into Calculus 1 through the MAPT test, you will have to take MATH 1112 (Trigonometry) or MATH 1113 (Precalculus). After successful completion of MATH 1112 or 1113 you can register for MATH 1190 (Calculus I).
I would like to get a minor in MATH. Where can I find some information?
Is there any way to take a class with it's prerequisite in the same semester?
This is up to the Professor teaching that class and whether he/she can allow you to register although you still have not taken the prerequisite class. Email him/her and ask. In most cases this is not possible, but in some cases it can be done.
How can I raise the limit of my Credit Hours (take more classes)?
If you need to raise the limit of your Credit Hours, please see this Overload Request Form. If your GPA is less than 3.5, you will have to get the Chair's approval. The form can be emailed to the Registrar's Office.
In Owl Express under HOPE Eligibility, it says I am "Below Required GPA" and currently would not get HOPE for the coming semester. Whom do I have to contact about this issue? I know I am eligible.
Generally, financial aid checks after every spring term in addition to every 30, 60 and 90 credit hours. You can contact Mr. Greg Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Is there anything about inclusion, acceptance, and support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals?
Yes. please check below:
- Safe Space training: http://safespace.kennesaw.edu/
Is there any smart phone App that I can use to have a direct connection to campus police?
Yes. Check the following page:
- LiveSafe App: http://livesafe.kennesaw.edu/